Sobre o trabalho
About the job:
We are hiring for a Demand Planner to join our team based out of the Austin office! This position is expected to proactively manage demand and identify/resolve risks through optimizing vendor replenishment, working collaboratively with sales to validate forecast accuracy and ensure that product availability targets are achieved at minimum operating costs and optimum stock levels.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Execute processes for planning and scheduling that drive production efficiencies and meeting/exceeding customer service and inventory targets.
- Develop solid planning processes across various product types, configured/make to order products and make to stock products.
- Enable forecast accuracy by ensuring that sales input is supported with objective and reliable data.
- Review plans for future capacity constraints with management and suggest how to resolve imbalances.
- Maintain inventory parameters to optimize inventory requirements which will guide Purchasing to ensure the correct replenishment plans are executed.
- Daily management and problem-solving of supply and inventory plan variances, including unexpected demand, to ensure appropriate communication and actions with sales, purchase and production.
- Identify excess, obsolete and end of life inventories monthly, recommend and implement corrective action plan.
- Coordinate and support demand and inventory planning meetings with sales and operations/ supply chain & logistics team to update forecasts in a timely manner.
- Review product portfolio to proactively together with sales to continuously be aligned when and which products/items/SKUs are introduced to or withdrawn from the market.
- Coordinate with sales to drive disposition of excess/obsolete inventory.
- Support business and finance meetings with the financial controllers to discuss sales vs inventory development.
- Proactively participate and engage in driving supply planning execution of new business opportunities, including new products, promotions, and product discontinuations, cooperating with Sales and Marketing
- Continuously inform oneself about the latest trends in Demand Planning and keep one’s knowledge up to date in function of new developments with the aim of consolidating one’s credibility, by offering a service which is continuously based on up-to-date knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
- Forecast accuracy
- Product availability
- Optimal stock levels
Seja a diferença
- At least 5 years of related experience
- User-level knowledge of major ERP/MRP systems (Navision, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- CPIM and/or APICS certification is a plus
- Experience in Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industy preferred
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Innovative responses to complex challenges in business and technology
- Flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive mindset
- Relentless issue resolution
- Discipline to follow policies, processes, and procedures
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
O que oferecemos?
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including a generous 401(k) plan, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.