About the job
About the job
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist for our new Fagron Shared Service Center in the city center of Barcelona. We are currently setting up the Shared Service Center, therefore this is an opportunity for someone who likes to create and implement new processes and to be part of a newly formed team. You will support in transferring the local Accounts Receivable processes to the Shared Service Center. In due course you will be responsible for the A/R activities for 1 or more countries in the EMEA region. This is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional who wants to be part of a driven, international team with daily learning opportunities.
- Responsible for all customer ledger postings in Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Navision for 1 or more EMEA companies
- Application of incoming customer payments to outstanding invoices and clarification of differences
- Responsible for timely and accurate execution of payment collection batches (factoring, direct debit, checks)
- Perform period-end activities (reconciliation customer ledger to general ledger, posting of doubtful debt provisions
- Preparing customer refund payments
- Ensure that the customer open items are reconciled and up to date
- Ensure timely payment of customer invoices (send payment reminders and account statements, proactively resolve disputes, collection calls etc.)
- Creation and posting of customer invoices
- Take initiatives to improve processes and KPI's
Set yourself apart
- Preferably you have previous experience in Accounts Receivable or an academic degree in Business Administration
- You have a solid understanding of basic accounting
- You are fluent in English and Spanish
- You are customer oriented with a positive collaborative attitude
- You are organized and have an attention for detail
- You are proactive and independent with a hands-on mentality and are constantly looking for potential process improvements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Navision is an advantage
What’s on offer?
We offer a unique working environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional, and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you competitive compensation.