About the job
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing laboratory specimens to prepare for analysis according to department procedures
- Follow patient identification and patient safety procedures to ensure an environment that if free of medical error.
- Complete and evaluate all quality documentation without omission and refer situations that fall out of acceptable range.
- Maintain competency associated with laboratory specimen storage and transport.
- Effectively read and follow written instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relations by being friendly, courteous, helpful, neat, and clean to present a professional image.
- Effectively use multiple software programs such as Microsoft office suite, shipping software, and working with PHI.
- Manage sample logistics process (shipping & receiving)
- Work with a team to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate the initiative to perform additional tasks.
- Hands-on learner, multitasker and have organizational skills.
Set yourself apart
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Highschool diploma/GED required / Bachelor degree preferred
- Experience in a clinical laboratory or reference laboratory setting, shipping environment or medical office preferred
- A critical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding analytical abilities
What’s on offer?
Fagron offers exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We provide an open and truly dynamic environment which supports and encourages you to develop your skills and talents. Fagron offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, vision and dental; health savings account (HSA); holiday/paid time off.