About the job
We are seeking a Payroll & Benefits Specialist for our new Fagron Shared Service Center in the city center of Barcelona. We are currently setting up the Shared Service Center therefore this in an opportunity for someone who likes to set up and implement new processes and to be part of a newly formed team. You will support in transferring all the local payroll processes to the Shared Service Center. In due course you will be overseeing the payroll for several countries in the EMEA region. This includes running the payroll reports, coordinating and checking the payroll with external vendors, preparing the journal and make sure payments are made timely and accurately. This is an exciting opportunity for a payroll professional who wants to be part of a driven, international team with daily learning opportunities.
• Support in the migration of Payroll activities in scope from local entities in the EMEA region to our Shared Service Center in Barcelona
• Support the implementation and standardization of the payroll process within the countries in scope and look for opportunities to improve and optimize
• Provide information, answering any questions from internal employees or management regarding wages, benefits and other related matters
• Being the linking pin between local HR and the Managed Service payroll providers
• Research and resolve errors and anomalies
• Prepare relevant monthly, quarterly and year-end report
• Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements
• Build strong collaborative relations with internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in the resolution of day-to-day issues that arise, including problems with customers, third parties, internal teams and our internal systems as needed
Set yourself apart
• You have an academic degree or relevant experience in payroll
• Prior experience in a Shared Service Center environment is an advantage
• You have a solid understanding of payroll processes
• You are fluent in English with knowledge of German
• Another European language is an advantage (Dutch, Polish, Czech)
• You are customer oriented with a positive collaborative attitude
• You are organized and have an attention for detail
• You are proactive and independent with a hands-on mentality and are constantly looking for potential process improvements
• Knowledge of Payzaar is an advantage
• Minimum 1-2 year of experience in payroll
What’s on offer?
We offer a unique working environment in our new shared service center in the city center of Barcelona, where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where you need to be able to work independently. Fagron is a young, professional, and ambitious company with plenty of growth opportunities and we will offer you competitive compensation.