About the job
The Facilities and Maintenance Technician is an integral member of the Fagron Sterile Services operations and production team. The technician is responsible for facility upkeep and repairs and performs preventative maintenance on equipment and the building infrastructure. The technician troubleshoots system or equipment failures and works quickly to repair issues that interrupt production or impact safety. The work hours are Monday – Thursday, 1:00 pm – 11:00 pm (4 days per week, 10-hour shifts).
• Adheres to the organization’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Current Good Manufacturing Procedures (CGMP), Occupational Safety & Health Administration requirements (OSHA), and various regulatory agency requirements
• Responds quickly to emergencies, summoning additional assistance as needed.
• Conducts regular inspections of the facility and equipment to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures (SOP, CGMP, OSHA).
• Oversite includes but is not limited to heating, HVAC, humidifiers, lighting, electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, boilers, water purification, pumps/vacuums, air filtration, and basic construction trades.
• With minimal supervision, completes work orders and special projects delegated by the Facilities and Maintenance Manager.
• Maintains facility and equipment parts inventory to ensure supplies are available on-demand.
• Monitors the Building Management System (BMS) and collaborates with Environmental Monitoring regarding potential issues with building temperature, humidity, and biometric pressures.
• Maintains accurate records in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to ensure proper documentation for all facility and equipment maintenance.
• Maintains consistent communication with the customers, vendors, internal departments, and managers of the status of repairs that interrupt production or services.
• Coordinates schedule and assignments with vendor resources.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Set yourself apart
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Minimum of two years of experience in utility or facility maintenance, including skilled HVAC, electrical, and plumbing trades.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines.
• Establish priorities and work in an organized manner with an emphasis on problem-solving, detail, and accuracy.
• Be responsive, quick-thinking, and possess an innate ability to anticipate and respond to issues.
• Capacity to learn quickly and understand how to carry out general instructions with minimal supervision.
• Able to interpret manufacturing and equipment manuals with comprehension of drawings and specifications.
• Demonstrate strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to manage professional and interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to work independently without close supervision and also as a member of a team.
• Must meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
• Proficient with basic computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, internet web applications and
• Reliable transportation to and from work
• Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
• Frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the day.
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Anything over 50 pounds will require a team lift.
• The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
What’s on offer?
We offer a dynamic environment where talent and ambition can develop to its fullest. We have an open and informal organization culture, where individuals need to have strong motivation and ability to work independently. Fagron is a widely expanding, international, professional and ambitious pharmaceutical company with multiple growth opportunities. Job opportunity includes competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, performance package, and ability to be part of an international leader in an expanding industry.