About the job
The Quality Assurance Specialist is an intermediate level professional position responsible for quality assurance activities associated with cGMP manufacturing, documentation, and product disposition. Ensures that proper controls are followed and maintained during the manufacturing, processing, packaging, and warehousing of compounded products.
- Execute and develop proficiency in all Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 Quality Assurance tasks:
- Level 1:
- Manufacturing / Packaging Line Clearances
- Product Label Review and Approval
- Product Label Reconciliation
- EMS Data Review
- Logbook Review and reconciliation
- Level 2:
- Batch Record Issuance
- Batch Record Review and Approval
- Incoming Material Review and Approval
- Form and Logbook Issuance
- Review and Approval of Testing Data
- Review and Approval of Event Reports and Associated Corrective Actions
- Level 3:
- Disposition and Release of Incoming Materials
- Disposition and Release of Finished Product
- Document Control Activities
- Review and Approval of Change Controls and controlled document changes
- Special Projects as assigned
- Review and Approval of Moderate Risk Deviations
- Support execution of product Batch Records and associated manufacturing and Quality related systems for the compounding processes.
- Ensure day-to-day compliance to all requirements established for compounded product and the systems supporting compounding.
- Assist with problem identification and resolution efforts for quality related issues associated with the compounding operations.
- Assist with internal, corporate, 3rd party and federal/state inspections and audits.
- Provide contributing information on measures of local quality system effectiveness such as right the first time, documentation errors and others as assigned.
- Ensure cGMP documentation associated with work activities meets ALCOA standards.
- Maintain assigned training standard operating procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Set yourself apart
- College Degree and at least five to eight years cGMP experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing company or equivalent combination of education and cGMP experience in a required.
- Experience with quality systems, aseptic technique, cGMP document review, quality investigations, CAPA, Change Control and MasterControl preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to process information rapidly from multiple sources and communication channels.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and rapidly adapt to changing environment.
- Support the Quality Assurance department mission:
“We assure superior quality, timely medicines for our customers through strict cGxP adherence and continual improvement aligned with Fagron values.”
- Maintain the Fagron Family Values of Quality, Customer is #1, Transparency, Entrepreneurship, Creativity, and Speed of Execution while performing job responsibilities.
- Follow Fagron Family Rules
- Contribute to QA Team success by participating in problem solving discussions and seeking to understand the “Why?”
- Strive for continual learning and improvement
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in at least one QA functional area (e.g. Doc Control, Release, QC Support, and etc.)
What’s on offer?
We believe in our people and foster a supportive environment that develops and rewards performance and incentivizes long-term career success. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
• Competitive Salary
• Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Generous Paid Holidays
• Paid Volunteer Time
• Generous Paid Time Off and Rollover
• Company matching 401K and Retirement Savings Plans
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible working arrangements Now let's not forget our site!
The FSS Boston facility is in beautiful Canton, Massachusetts. Employees enjoy ample parking at a state-of-the-art compounding facility. The employee breakroom provides plenty of storage for lunches and you can enjoy free coffee anytime of the day!